Take home points from San Cop on emergencies and WASH
Our colleagues from the UK SanCoP have put together very interesting take home points on emergency sanitation from the WEDC conference in UK in July this year (2011).
The UK sanitation community of practice (SanCoP) is an initiative is a series of sanitation workshops. The aim is to strengthen the UK sanitation sector and provide a forum for learning and debate. More specifically SanCoP aims to
- Share evidence-based knowledge and experience
- Encourage the participation of younger professionals
- Stimulate innovation and learning in science, practice learning and exchange of experiences
- Provide an opportunity for networking, inter-generational learning and mentoring
- Encourage multi-disciplinary and multi-sectoral dialogue
SanCoP events bring together a wide range of professionals with an interest in sanitation from academic and research institutions, NGOs, public and private organisations. Participants’ backgrounds’ include engineering, public health, social and political science, economics and urban development disciplines. SanCoP workshops take place twice a year under Chatham House rules allowing lively debate on topical sanitation issues.
Thank you to Christian Rieck at GIZ for providing this info.